Cruise Port Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios is described as the garden parish of Jamaica, known for its lush gardens, springs and natural waterfalls. The town itself is always busy with activities visitors love and with an intensity that makes it seem in constant motion. Seeking a bargain? This is the place you should visit and make sure to head straight for the crafts market. Gourmets delight in the local culinary joys as the numerous elegant restaurants and local cafés awaits. Don’t miss the excitement of climbing the refreshing waterfalls at the famous Dunn’s River Falls, or hop across the street and swim with dolphins at Dolphin Cove. What about horse-riding trip at Chukka Caribbean Adventures or Nature lovers can find vistas of floral splendour at the Coyaba and Shaw Park Gardens or drive through a forest of ferns aptly named Fern Gully. Whatever your passion, you might very well find it all in Ocho Rios – so come explore.
- Airports: Sangster International Airport is 102 km from port. Other services available at Boscobel Domestic Airport
- Anchorage: Off outer buoy
- Approach: Easy access via open water. The bay is used as the turning basin (width 2,000 ft)
- Bunkers: Can be arranged with prior notice
- Facilities: Anchorage, pilotage, water, provisions, bunkers by arrangement
- Medical aid: St Ann’s Bay Hospital is 37 km from the port
- Pilot: Pick-up one mile (NE or NW) of sea buoy at entrance to Ocho Rios Bay
- Pilotage: Agents alert Pilotage Department on ship’s ETA and ETD at least 12 hours before required time. Pilot boards and guides ship in and out of channel.
- Position: 18°25’N, 77°8’W.
- Provisions: Available locally
- Tenders: Tender service is not available, but ship’s tender may be used to land passengers at Berth No 2 as well as at James Bond Pier
- Water: Adequate supplies available.