Cruise Port Jamaica – Montego Bay
One of the most visited cruise ports in the Caribbean, Montego Bay known as the Tourism Mecca of the Caribbean is ideal for cruise passengers. This port boasts a hosts of activities and attractions providing the perfect day off the boat. Your experiences can be filled with a day of rafting down the Martha Brae, a walk along the ‘Hip Strip’, a day at one the resort area many white-sand beaches. The resort destination comes alive day and night with music, water sports, real Jamaica cuisine and casino-like gaming lounges.
History and culture enthusiasts will enjoy a tour of one of the area’s great houses, such as the 18th-century Rose Hall, where you’ll hear the tale of Annie Palmer’s ghost. Or there is the Bird Feeding Station, a working plantation to explore. So, while few still come for a Doctor’s Cave treatment, everyone finds MoBay just what the doctor ordered.
- The port is close to Sangster International Airport is 3.1 km from the cruise port
- Anchorage: Open roadstead 5 to 6 fathoms about half a mile from shore designated Anchorage A may be reserved in advance through harbour master in Kingston
- Approach: Marked channel. Day or night entry possible. Straight passage 1,500 ft long, minimum width 400 ft and depth 34 ft.
- Bunkers: All grades available, but notice required
- Facilities: Anchorage, water, provisions, bunkers by prior arrangement, pilotage, towage
- Location: 18°29’25”N, 77°55’56”W.
- Medical aid: 10Km from the Cornwall Regional Hospital
- Pilotage: Agents alert Pilotage Department on ship’s ETA and ETD at least three hours before required time. Pilot boards and guides ship in and out of channel. Pilotage charges are calculated according to grt. Pilot boards one mile out of harbour
- Provisions: Available
- Tenders: Ship’s tenders can land at Montego Freeport by prior arrangement
- Towage: Available
- Turning basin: 1,600 ft diameter with minimum depth of 34 ft.
- Water: Fresh water readily available. Average rate of delivery is 30 tonnes per hour.